Co-op Application Process for Students in *Life and Physical Sciences, *Psychology and *Computational Sciences
You generally apply during the winter term of your 2nd year, while completing the majority of the required 2nd year courses and a minimum of 54 credit hours. Please note that even if you are using the summer term after your 2nd year to meet these requirements, you should still submit an application in your second year. You may apply before you declare a major but you must declare a major by August if you are accepted into Science Co-op.
Applications for Computational, Life and Physical Sciences is now open.
- Biological Sciences
- Data Science
- Mathematics and Applied Mathematics
- Physics & Astronomy
- Statistics – Mathematics Joint Honours
- Interested students need to submit the Application Form at the bottom of this page by 11:59 pm CST, February 28, 2023
- The application requires a current resume and an unofficial web transcript.
- Please include all work and volunteer experience on your resume even if it is not science related.
- Transcripts are usually about 4 pages.
- The Co-op office will notify students of the application results via e-mail in spring 2023.
- If you satisfy all eligibility requirements, you will be invited for an intake interview which would be conducted remotely in Summer 2023.
- Students will find out if they have been accepted into Science Co-op via e-mail around mid-August.
Students who will be accepted in 2023 would be eligible for their first work term in January 2024 or May 2024.
You may run your UM Achieve report or contact a Science Academic Student Advisor to check your academic requirements if necessary.
First and second year degree course requirements must be completed before doing your 1st work term. For details about required courses, please refer to the academic calendar links below. Please note that you may still apply for Co-op if you do not have all of your required courses as students may be conditionally accepted subject to completing the required course(s) before their first work term.
LIFE AND PHYSICAL SCIENCES
Psychology, B.Sc. Major Co-op
Data Science, B.Sc. Major Co-op
Mathematics, B.Sc. Double Honours Co-op
Mathematics, B.Sc. Honours Co-op
Mathematics, B.Sc. Major Co-op
Applied Mathematics with Computer Science Option, B.Sc. Major Co-op
Applied Mathematics with Economics Option, B.Sc. Major Co-op
Applied Mathematics with Statistics Option, B.Sc. Major Co-op
Statistics, and Statistics – Mathematics Joint Honours
Statistics, B.Sc. Honours Co-op
Statistics, B.Sc. Major Co-op
Statistics – Mathematics Joint, B.Sc. Honours Co-op