The department offers a program of studies in several branches of mathematics leading to the Master’s of Science and Doctor of Philosophy degrees. Some of the chief branches offered are:
- Algebra: Arithmetic Geometry, Modular Forms and Number Theory, Commutative Algebra, Computer Algebra, Linear Algebra and Matrix Theory, Geometric Group Theory.
- Analysis: Approximation Theory, Complex Analysis, Functional Analysis, Harmonic Analysis, Operator Theory, Ordinary and Partial Differential Equations
- Applied Mathematics: Mathematical Biology, Mathematical Modelling, Numerical Analysis
- Discrete Mathematics / Algebra: Associative Rings, Combinatorics, Computer Algebra, Group Theory, Invariant Theory, Matrix Theory, Spectral Graph Theory
- Foundations: Model Theory
- Geometry / Topology: Algebraic Geometry, Differential Geometry, Low Dimensional Topology, Symplectic Geometry
For more details, see Research.