Research and Teaching Interests
Publications: Complete list at the ADS database
PhD SUNY Stony Brook, 1995
- Postdoc University of California at Berkeley and Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, 1995-1997
- Research scientist, Max-Planck Institute for Nuclear Physics, Heidelberg, Germany, 1997-2003
- Faculty, University of Manitoba (Assist. Prof. 2003-06, Assoc. Prof. 2006-2013, Prof. 2013 – present)
- Fundamental symmetries measurements at low energies, in the border area between atomic, nuclear and particle physics.
- Current projects: Laser trapping of radioactive isotopes at TRIUMF, in particular francium for atomic parity non-conservation studies; the TITAN mass measurement facility.
- Previous work: Tests of relativistic time dilation, electron-ion recombination; precision lifetime measurement of the negative positronium ions (e+e-e-).
- Associate Head (Graduate)
- Head of working group “Fundamental Symmetries” at the Canadian Institute of Nuclear Physics
- Past Chair, Division of Nuclear Physics, Canadian Association of Physicists