NEW Undergraduate Course & Program Changes in Statistics
Effective at the beginning of the Fall 2020 academic term, various undergraduate course and program changes will be put in place for the Department of Statistics. These changes include the implementation of new courses, reduction of pre-requisites, increased flexibility in satisfying your degree requirements and much more!
The following points highlight the most important aspects of our program changes:
- we have introduced a variety of new courses,
- we reduced course dependencies by having shorter sequences of prerequisites,
- we have added significant flexibility in how students can satisfy degree requirements,
- we removed the “area of application” requirements from our previous programs,
- we put a strong emphasis on applied and computational courses,
- we distinguished the honours and major programs by making the major less focused on traditional theoretical courses and adding flexibility by having more optional courses (rather than required courses)
- we added a required course (COMP 1020) and a sequence of optional courses in Computer Science to our major and Honours,
- we reduced the required courses, while allowing for more options in Mathematics,
- we now offer a Co-op option to all of our Joint Honours programs, with the exception of the Joint program with Actuarial mathematics.
To learn more about all Statistics course and program changes starting this fall, please visit our Course and Program Changes page where you can access quick reference charts, the entire transition plan, the new course structure chart and a recorded presentation from our Associate Head of Undergraduate Studies.