Counselling & Support

It is important to contact a Science Academic Advisor early if you are experiencing emotional or medical difficulties, rather than wait until the situation worsens. An Academic Advisor can help you to navigate your options and assist you in finding a solution. This includes assisting with exam deferrals, voluntary course withdrawals, course selection and timetable planning, and declaring your major and minor. Depending on your situation, you may be referred to a Department member for additional academic advice, or referred to the University of Manitoba, Student Counselling Centre, Student Accessibility Services (SAS), or University Health Services.

If you are in need of mental health support or services, click here for help.


If you are a U of M student with a disability Student Accessibility Services, SAS offers accommodations and services based on your individual needs and the academic standards of your program.

Main Office, 520 UMSU University Centre, Phone: 204-474-7423, Fax: 204-474-7567, Email:

SAS Exam Centre, 155 UMSU University Centre, Phone: 204-474-6213, Fax: 204-261-7732, Email:
SAS Assistive Technology Lab, 335 UMSU University Centre, Phone: 204-391-4452

Getting around on campus

The Physical Plant department operates a van with a wheelchair lift for transporting students with disabilities between facilities on the Fort Garry Campus. To schedule, contact the SAS Exam Centre at 204-474-6213.