Deans of Arts and Science
In 1921, the Faculty of Arts and the Faculty of Science combined to form the Faculty of Arts and Science under the direction of the first Dean of Arts and Sciences, mathematician, William Tier. Familiar names of the early history of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences are still present at the University of Manitoba Fort Gary campus, with the Tier Building currently housing the Faculties of Arts, Social Work, and University 1. As well as the Armes Lecture Building, named after the second Dean of Arts and Science, Henry, P Armes. This building houses numerous lecture halls, hosts classes from all the science departments and other disciplines from around the university.