Research and Teaching Interests
statistical quality control, total quality management, order statistics, statistical inference, probability, lotteries
- Cheng, S.W. and Mao, H. (2011). The Economic Deign of the Multivariate MSE Control Chart. Quality Technology and Quantitative Management 8 (2), 75–85.
- Cheng, S. W.; Yang, S.-F.; Cheng, T.-C. and Hung, Y.-C. (2011). A New Chart for Monitoring Service Process Mean. Quality & Reliability Engineering International.
- Cheng, S. W.; Yang, S.-F.; Hung, Y.-C.; Cheng, T.-C. and Tsai, W.-C. (2011). Monitoring Process Mean with a New EWMA Control Chart. Production Journal, Brazil.
- Cheng, S. W. and Mao, H. (2010). The Economic Design of the MSE Chart. Communications in Statistics – Simulation and Computation 39 (1), 1-11.
- Cheng, S.W. and Mao, H. (2010). The Economic Deign of the Multivariate MSE Control Chart. Quality Technology and Quantitative Management 7. To appear.
B.Sc. (Mathematics), M.A. (Statistics) Ph.D. (Statistics) and P.Stat, (Professional Statistician). Past President, President, and President-Elect, Business and Industrial Statistics Section, Statistical Society of Canada; Past President of the International Chinese Statistical Association (ICSA) and the Managing Editor of Statistica Sinica. Currently an Associate Editor or a member of Editorial Board of 5 reputable journals, and Executive Editor, Journal of Quality Technology and Quantitative Management. In the past 20 years I have teamed with my colleagues in giving more than 80 workshops in Quality Improvement, Statistical Process Control, and Total Quality Management for over 20 companies and organizations in Manitoba. I was an invited speaker at the 1993 World Quality Congress in Helsinki and at the 1994 Joint Statistical Meeting in Toronto. I received Dr. and Mrs. R. Campbell Outreach Award; Merit Award in Service from U of M; and Distinguished Service Award from ICSA. I am a Fellow of American Statistical Association; a member of Statistical Society of Canada, American Statistical Association, and the ICSA; a senior member of American Society for Quality; and an elected member of International Statistical Institute.