Potential Summer Research Supervisors
Yiming Qian: My research interests lie at the intersection of computer vision, computer graphis and machine learning. Recently, I am focusing on reconstruction and generation of 3D environment by combining advances in physics, geometry, imaging, deep learning, etc.
Sara Rouhani: My research focuses on developing decentralized solutions based on blockchain technology and smart contracts. I am also interested in data trust, distributed energy systems and blockchain interoperability. I have employed blockchain in multidisciplinary areas such as healthcare, business process management, agriculture, and energy systems
Parimala Thulasiraman: Innovative soft computing techniques such as evolutionary computation, bio-inspired computation, and machine learning to solve challenging issues in complex network systems and data scientific problems. She explores novel algorithmic optimization techniques for these problems to efficiently map, design, and develop scalable algorithms for futuristic multicore architectures.
Olivier Tremblay-Savard: His research interests are in the areas of bioinformatics and human computing. In particular, he’s interested in all aspects of genome and biological sequence evolution, as well as human computing and crowdsourcing games.
- Data mining and analysis (including data analytics, data science & business intelligence solutions)
- Big data, databases (including image databases), data management, and data warehousing
- Data visualization and visual analytics
- Health informatics and electronic health
- Web technology and services, as well as social computing & social network analysis