The Women in Physics Canada (WIPC) Conference aims to create a space where participants can build networks, explore career paths, and present research, while also promoting gender equity and taking part in conversations about women in physics, mental health, and LGTBQA+ issues. Among other things, this conference will showcase:
- Scientific presentations from internationally renowned researchers in physics.
- Workshops on inclusion in STEM, equity & diversity issues in physics departments, and more.
- Discussion panels on career choices, equity & inclusion in STEM, and mental health in academia.
- Networking activities.
- Student talks and poster presentations.
Numerous studies demonstrate that diverse and inclusive environments promote performance, creativity, innovation, and success. Despite this, the fields of science and technology continue to suffer from a lack of diversity. The goal of this conference is therefore to support and encourage female and non-binary people in the early stages of their career to persist in this field. To achieve this goal, this conference will offer the opportunity for participants to:
- Take part in a professional conference and present their own research.
- Participate in collectively raising awareness about obstacles that gender minorities face in physics.
- Build a network of contacts on a national scale.
- Get informed about opportunities for careers in science and industry.